A few crooked teeth may bother you even if you have a perfect bite. However, most people don’t think this issue is severe enough to warrant an orthodontic visit. Some don’t even think it’s possible to fix one or two misaligned teeth.
Uneven teeth can lower your self-esteem regardless of their number. You may ignore other attractive facial features when one tooth is out of place. With Invisalign Touch Up, you can fix these minor issues, and it’s shorter and costs less than complete treatment with Invisalign or braces.
Why You Have One or Two Misaligned Teeth
Uneven teeth result from a narrow or crowded palate. Teeth push each other forward or backward when they don’t have space, causing misalignment. Crooked teeth can also arise from:
- Genetics: Genetics could cause small jaws and large teeth. You might develop crooked teeth if your parents have them.
- Gum Disease: Untreated gum disease can loosen the teeth, change their positioning, and even cause them to fall out.
- Thumb-Sucking: Most toddlers quit sucking their thumbs when they’re between two and four years. But if this habit continues when they start teething, the thumb’s pressure on the developing gums pushes teeth into crooked patterns.
- Injury: Facial trauma can misalign the teeth or jaws a little, or a lot.
- Tongue-Thrusting: This occurs when the tongue moves forward between the top and bottom teeth when you talk or swallow. Tongue-thrusting can cause protruding upper teeth over time.
- Ditching Your Retainers: Not wearing retainers causes orthodontic relapse. That’s when teeth start to shift to their old positions despite successful orthodontic treatment.
The Benefits of Straight Teeth
Though a straight smile reduces headaches and improves your oral health, the benefits aren’t only physical. Straight teeth also make you confident. Invisalign Touch Up allows you to smile without worrying about your crooked teeth. And because Invisalign aligners are practically invisible, you can continue to smile during treatment.
A straight smile improves oral hygiene. Properly spaced and aligned teeth are easier to brush and floss, and food is less likely to get stuck in hard-to-reach places.
How Invisalign Touch Up Works
Invisalign Touch Up is essentially a shortened version of regular Invisalign. It includes up to 10 sets of aligners that are worn for about seven days each. Your crooked teeth will be gradually moved back into place throughout the treatment. It’s important to wear the aligners at least 22 hours a day for the treatment to be most efficient and effective.
If you’re tired of having a less-than-ideal smile and are ready to fix your one or two misaligned teeth, contact Smith Orthodontics about Invisalign Touch Up today!