Say goodbye to metal brackets, wires, and elastic bands, and say hello to the modern and stylish alternative – Invisalign®. Invisalign innovative approach uses clear, plastic aligners to shift teeth into their desired positions gradually. As a Platinum provider, Smith Orthodontics has helped hundreds of patients achieve their perfect smiles with Invisalign.
How Invisalign Works
Invisalign uses a series of custom-made, clear aligners that are slightly different in shape. The first set is similar to the original tooth placement, and the last set is shaped the way the teeth will be when in their proper places.
The rest of the aligners change slightly to gradually move the teeth from their original positions to their desired positions. It’s important to note that you should wear these aligners at least 20-22 hours daily for effective treatment.
Invisalign for Different Ages
Invisalign offers orthodontic solutions for individuals across different age groups, ensuring there’s no upper age limit for treatment:
- Children (Ages 6 to 12): This Invisalign treatment is tailored for young children. Its primary aim is to guide the development of the jaws and dental arches. This helps accommodate both the existing and incoming permanent teeth, ensuring a healthier dental structure as the child grows.
- Teenagers: Invisalign for teens involves a series of transparent, custom-fitted, and removable aligners. These aligners are uniquely designed with compliance indicators. These indicators assist orthodontists in monitoring the regularity with which the teenager wears the aligners, ensuring effective treatment.
- Adults: Invisalign provides a convenient and less noticeable alternative to traditional metal braces for adults. The aligners are designed to be comfortable and discreet, making them a popular choice for adults who wish to correct their dental alignment without the conspicuousness of standard braces.
Different Types of Invisalign
There are several types of Invisalign treatments available, each designed to address specific orthodontic issues and patient needs:
- Invisalign Full is a comprehensive orthodontic treatment using clear aligners to straighten teeth and correct dental issues such as crowding, spacing, and malocclusion. Its teeth straightening power rivals traditional braces, especially when Invisalign attachments are included in the treatment plan.
- Invisalign Lite treats minor orthodontic issues such as poorly positioned teeth, slight overcrowding, poor alignment between upper and lower teeth, or small gaps between teeth. The treatment involves a maximum of 14 clear aligners, resulting in a shorter treatment time.
- Invisalign Express is an expedited clear aligner treatment designed for milder cases of dental misalignment like minor crowding, crossbites, overbites, and underbites. It uses fewer aligners to correct the issue in a shorter time frame. Invisalign Express uses a maximum of 10 sets of aligners (some may require fewer), and the treatment takes about six months.
Cost of Invisalign
The cost of Invisalign treatment varies depending on several factors, including the complexity of the dental issues that need to be addressed and the treatment duration.
Insurance coverage can significantly impact the cost of Invisalign treatment. Many dental insurance plans cover Invisalign treatments. In addition to insurance, there are other ways to manage the cost of Invisalign treatment. For example, you can use tax-free dollars from your Flexible Savings Account (FSA) or Health Savings Account (HSA) to pay for Invisalign treatment.
The best way to determine how much your Invisalign treatment would cost is to schedule a free exam and consultation at our office. We can go over the cost and available payment plans and find out if your health or dental insurance includes coverage for Invisalign.
Benefits of Invisalign
Invisalign offers several benefits over traditional braces:
- The aligners are clear, making them almost invisible.
- No food restrictions exist since the aligners can be removed when you eat.
- Without brackets and wires, brushing and flossing are easier.
- Aligners can be replaced with protective mouthguards when playing sports.
Be sure to talk to Dr. Smith or our staff about which Invisalign is right for you.
ARE YOU READY TO LEARN MORE ABOUT BRACES AND INVISALIGN?
Contact Smith Orthodontics, the trusted orthodontist in Ripley WV and Parkersburg WV, to learn more about how we can give you the smile you’ve always wanted.